Thread: New build .... New territory .... Advice sought

New build .... New territory .... Advice sought

I've built a quite a few speakers over the past 33 years, but now I need to build something with a slightly different end goal. My son is graduating college, and I'm building a pair of speakers for a present. I'm to busy to start designing something new, and so I AM going to build a kit this time. Here is where I am lost ... My son wants the ultimate heavy metal, hard rock, electronica speakers. I know what he wants .... crazy loud without distortion. Huge air moving dynamics, and still able to sound good playing hi res sound quality recordings. Immediately I start thinking Pro Audio drivers. The first thing I'm drawn to is the Maximus 12LXE kit. I'd love to hear if there is anything else that fits the bill as well. Thank you

Hi Flaxxer, it's so cool you're doing this for your son. And I couldn't agree more, Maximus 12LXE sounds like a great choice. Are you proceeding with that option or did you change your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxxer View Post
    I've built a quite a few speakers over the past 33 years, but now I need to build something with a slightly different end goal. My son is graduating college, and I'm building a pair of speakers for a present. I'm to busy to start designing something new, and so I AM going to build a kit this time. Here is where I am lost ... My son wants the ultimate heavy metal, hard rock, electronica speakers. I know what he wants .... crazy loud without distortion. Huge air moving dynamics, and still able to sound good playing hi res sound quality recordings. Immediately I start thinking Pro Audio drivers. The first thing I'm drawn to is the Maximus 12LXE kit. I'd love to hear if there is anything else that fits the bill as well. Thank you
    II can not figure, out a person with 3 decades of experience in the DIY audio speakers bilding, you ask for something simple!
    If you want to make a decent gift - increase the budget. The investment in good speakers is always right.
    Joro
    P.S.
    Make sure this gift will be is up to date, after yours person / Is It you have a serious occasion for this gift?/